(Inspired by The Gastronomy Gal)
“Mom, you should start eating avocado because of its anti-inflammatory benefits,” my older daughter recently said to me. She made the recommendation because my scalp and skin suddenly started flaring due to extreme dryness. She also recommended other anti-inflammatory foods like turmeric and berries. She’s not a health professional, but a professional in her own health and wellness, and would readily share her knowledge with family and friends.
I took her advice and have noticed some changes. My scalp had gotten better and the flaring have reduced significantly. I now eat and add avocado to everything!
Thank goodness for daughters! 🙏🏾
. . .
Going back to my simple Egg Avocado Sandwich recipe.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 or 1/3 Avocado (depending on size)
- 6-ft Bread Roll
- Boil the eggs for 10-15 minutes. Time depends on whether you want your eggs over-easy, over-medium, or hard-boiled. (To boil, place eggs in a small pot, add water to slightly cover the eggs, and place on slow to medium heat.)
- Once boiled, empty the hot water from pot, and run cold water over eggs. This helps the eggs peel easily.
- Peel the shells off the eggs
- Slice the bread roll in two
- Slice the avocado and place on one half of the bread
- Slice and place the eggs on the other half of the bread
- Close both halves together as a sandwich.
Enjoy with a hot or cold Turmeric tea. Can also be eaten for lunch or light dinner.