Rape is never a pleasant thing to talk about. It sends shivers down my spines. But, it’s an issue we find ourselves talking about today. It’s an issue dear to The Eternal Word’s heart. It is an issue everyone should be concerned about.
It’s also an issue that has no cultural, race, age, or socio-economic boundaries. To learn more, read the following:
- The Eternal Words’ blogs – [ https://theeternalwords.wordpress.com/2020/07/22/rape-a-vicious-crime/; https://theeternalwords.wordpress.com/2020/06/22/rape/
- U.S.A.’s Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein’s sagas – https://slate.com/culture/2018/04/bill-cosby-accusers-list-sexual-assault-rape-drugs-feature-in-women-s-stories.html; https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41580010
- U.K. – https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41580010; http://globalnews.ca/news/6370759/reynhard-sinaga-rape-britain/
- Nigeria’s – https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/jun/02/and-of-student-in-church-sparks-outrage-across-nigeria
- The Nordic’s issue – https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2019/04/rape-and-sexual-violence-in-nordic-countries-consent-laws/
- Morocco’s – https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/nov/26/morocco-victim-khadija-masaktach.
Sex vs. RAPE
Having sex is meant to be a special thing between two loving adults. It is meant to be an enjoyable experience with the right person.
Sex is never supposed to be had with a minor! It is illegal and whosoever does so is a pedophile. Such person is punishable under the law! Even the religions and cultures that allow such acts should be banned as they are perpetuating an illegal act!!!
RAPE is forceful sex, against the victim’s will. When sex is forceful, it is evil concupiscence (Colossians 3:5-6). If the person says “NO” and pushes, please STOP, they mean “NO!” Never think that the person is playing hard to get. Respect the person. No one enjoys forced sex; except that the perpetrator satisfies an evil desire/longing.
What adrenaline, or is it testosterone, flows uninhibited through the veins and arteries of one to defile another?! The mere thought of RAPE gives me chills as one with high fever.
RAPE victims suffer psychologically, emotionally, and mentally after a RAPE ordeal. Some of the consequences could be long-term if the victims are not treated or seek counseling/therapies. Additionally, most victims suffer shame and self-blame. Because of this, the majority of RAPE incidents are not reported or even shared with family members and/or friends leaving the victim to suffer the trauma alone.
PTSD is real with RAPE victims, so also is depression, panic attacks, and anxiety. Some victims also struggle with self esteem.
Life is hard enough as it is, why dump more on anyone? Rapists must be STOPPED and brought to justice. Anyone who has ever raped another must repent.
. . .
RAPE must be categorized as a pandemic issue. We all nust do our part to STOP it locally and globally. Please do your part people.
Understand the myths about rape or sexual violence as compiled by Rape Crisis, U.K.. For the corresponding Facts on each Myth, please visit their website https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-informed/about-sexual-violence/myths-vs-realities/
If someone gets really drunk, it’s their own fault if they end up getting raped. They should have kept themselves safe.
Women often lie about rape because they regret having sex with someone, or because they want attention.
If someone didn’t scream or try to fight their attacker off, then it wasn’t rape.
If you are in a relationship with someone, it’s always OK to have sex with them.
People who were sexually abused as children are likely to become abusers themselves.
Women shouldn’t go out alone at night as they are likely to get raped.
Women provoke men to rape them by wearing revealing clothes or flirting.
Once a man is sexually aroused he can't help himself; he has to have sex.
When it comes to sex, women and girls give out mixed signals. They sometimes 'play hard to get' and say 'no' when they really mean 'yes'.
Men of certain races and backgrounds are more likely to commit sexual violence.
Men don't get raped.
Women don’t commit sexual offences.
. . .
Need more information or gelp for your locality on how/what you can do to help end RAPE, Click here.
Let’s end this pandemic.
Thanks for reading. Please share.