As the name implies, this sauce is fried with little or no water added. Any water added is allowed to dry out while cooking to maintain its potency.
- My Sauce
- Oil (your choice of palm, olive, vegetable, corn, etc.)
- Maggi (or any bouillon) cube
- Tomato Paste
- Pour My Sauce into a small pot
- Slice (or cube) 1/3 of a small onion
- Add a teaspoon of tomato paste
- Add salt and/or 1 Maggi (or Knorr) cube to desired taste
- Cook over low heat till sauce thickens and there’s no longer any water
- Add the a 1/2 – 1 cup of oil
- Let simmer for about 3 minutes.
Sauce is ready.
The sauce lasts you for a while because a little of it goes a long way. Use as a dip with bread/rolls, great especially over beans and or fried plantain. Or mix with your desired choice of meat over rice.